Blogilates posted this flourless pizza recipe and it’s amazing! If you like working out and haven’t heard of Blogilates, I definitely recommend checking it out. Cassey Ho is a Pilates instructor and created Blogilates. She post workout videos that last anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes that will kill you, but in a good way.
This is a Cheap Clean Eat recipe for her website. The entire medium pizza is only 616 calories compared to a Dominos veggie medium pizza that is 1920 calories! For gluten free people, cauliflower crust is a great substitution.
Extra Cooking Tips:
It says it is 8 slices, I found it be really only 4. If you are really hungry or are sharing this pizza with a boy, I would consider doubling the dough recipe.
The recipe calls for 1/3 of a cauliflower, however I ended up having to use the entire head of cauliflower. It also has you put the cauliflower in a food processor. I didn’t have one so I just broke it up with my hands as much as possible. After it’s microwaved it cooks down a lot and is much easier to smash up. I would use a fork to do this.
Since cauliflower is water based, the “dough” is really mushy. The recipe says to cook the “dough” for just 10 minutes before adding ingredients, but I would recommend cooking it for twice as long so the crust will be more done. This makes it taste more like the real thing.
After adding the ingredients and putting the pizza back in the oven I would let it cook longer than the suggested 10-15 minutes. I ended up cooking mine for 30 minutes.
Enjoy your healthy pizza!
RECIPE for 1 medium pizza (8 slices):
– 1 cup of shredded cauliflower or 1/3 of a head of cauliflower…60 cents
– 1/2-3/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese…$1.30
– 1 egg…15 cents
– 1 tsp dried oregano…1 cent
– 1/2 tsp crushed garlic…10 cents
Toppings (up to you but I did a veggie medley):
– 1/2 cup pizza sauce…60 cents
– 1/2 cup mushrooms…60 cents
– 1/2 green bell pepper…35 cents
– 1/2 red onion…55 cents
WHOLE PIZZA = $4.26
1 SLICE = 53 cents
1. Shred cauliflower in a food processor
2. Microwave in a bowl for 8 min
3. Mix in about 1/2 cup of cheese, save rest for topping
4. Crack the egg and mix all ingredients together
5. Spray pan with PAM and make a nice base of cauli-cheese crust
6. Bake in oven for 10-15 min at 350F
7. Then take out crust, top with sauce and toppings
8. Place back in oven for another 10-15 min